Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Act of Killing

I was lucky enough to see the world premier screening of The Act of Killing this year at TIFF and it was easily the best film I saw there. Spring Breakers was a ton of fun and The Master got very under under my skin, but nothing is going to stick with me like this movie. So I was obviously excited when I heard that Drafthouse Films had picked it up for distribution.

After a long Q&A with the audience the discussion moved outside the theater where I got to here the director, Joshua Oppenheimer, speak more about the process of making the movie. Once the crowd started to thin I managed to speak with him for a few minutes. After he complimented my Harvey Pekar shirt I told him about TurnStyle Films and some of the projects we have in the works. He was nothing but encouragement and passion. I left feeling even more energized about everything in the future.

And much to my surprise Joshua just reposted my status about the news of his film getting distribution, name dropped me and thanked me!
joshua oppenheimer

Thank You Joshua! I can't wait to watch your film again.
 -Jon Nix

PS: Here is the Intro and Q&A from the TIFF Screening that I mentioned above. I'm really happy someone got this on film. It's full of some amazing info and stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment