Friday, November 9, 2012

Aaron Tsuru Documentary Edit

Last month we shot a short documentary with photographer, Aaron Tsuru. We caught up with him only days before he and his wife were moving off to NYC. Along with model Cherry La Voix the footage is amazing. It has so many truly genuine moments, everything from giddy laughter to reflective insecurity. 

Last night I worked on the edit for 8 hours. It was a real joy to finally get a good rough cut hammered out. I will be tightening up the edit over the next couple weeks as well as supervising the creation of the score by Jim Curtis. This is going to be a great piece to show off at festivals. I can't wait! I'm guessing the final run time with be somewhere in between 12 and 13 minutes, which means that it is the longest piece we've come out with yet.

My goal is to get it done by November 27th so I can meet the submission deadlines for CineKink NYC, Pasadena International Film Festival, FilmFest Dresden, Brooklyn Film Festival, Atlanta Underground Film Festival, Cleveland International Film Festival, LA Film Festival and Aspen ShortFest. It's a big list and I hope we'll be accepted to most of them.

Below is a screenshot I took from Aaron's blog. A tease of the edit so far. That's all you'll get for now.

Screen shot 2012-11-09 at 11.33.03 AM

 -Jon Nix

No comments:

Post a Comment