Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Retox in Pittsburgh

On June 26th Retox played in Pittsburgh. I finally got to actually have a conversation with Justin Pearson of The Locust. He's one of my musical heroes and I can firmly that I would not like half the music I do today if I had never listened to The Locust. Without him I would have never stumbled upon the amazingness that is Bitches Brew, probably my all time favorite jazz album.

I told him that in person and he seemed genuinely moved. He hooked Jamie and I up with free merch and got our names on the guest list so we could get in for free.

Retox was great. They took total control of the room and didn't let go. Their set last only about 20 minutes and I could have more, but that hungry feeling at the end of the show may have been the best part.

pearson

Jamie and I grabbed pictures with him after the show. It was definitely a huge night for me. I seem to be whittling down this hero list of mine pretty quickly. Only have a few left to go.

-Jon Nix

No comments:

Post a Comment