Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Needle Drop

Screen shot 2012-04-03 at 1.57.03 PM

I wanted to set The Needle Drop aside. Because he single-handedly boosted us from only 90 views to over 500 on our second day.

I've been watching his reviews every morning for about a year now. Anthony is responsible for my interest in a ton of bands like BadBadNotGood, Death Grips, Odd Future and Dumbo Gets Mad, that I might not have found on my own.

Not only is this post a huge boost for us and great exposure, it's something that gives me a real sense of validation. There's nothing like putting days of work into something and then getting acknowledged for it. Everyone who worked on the video should be proud as hell.

I hope Anthony enjoys the rest of Smoke Screen's soon-to-be released EP and fingers crossed that he reviews it in video form. That would be huge for everyone involved.

As for Smoke Screen I can't wait to do another project with them. I contacted them almost a year ago on a whim and it's turned out to be amazing. I love collaborating with them and I think at this point we've moved on from collaborators to real friends. I hope this EP blows up and they get to see the world.

This is the 50th post on this Blog. I can't believe how far our group has come from when I started this and it hasn't even been a year yet.

-Jon Nix

P.S. We have it up on YouTube now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment